Warm Springs Area Tourism Association
2010 HARVEST HOE DOWN October 9th & 10th 2010
Hello Fellow Craftsman, Artists, Civic Groups, Churches, Clubs, and Others: Read Below and
The time is upon us for our annual “Warm Springs- "Harvest HoeDown”. The date is Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 9th and 10th. The Event Committee have been working hard at planning this event and we hope you’ll be able to participate. We will have arts and crafts exhibitors, antique dealers, children’s area, delicious foods and snacks combined with some good ol’ fashion entertainment. The exhibitors will be divided according to their talent, please see application for details. Spaces are available on a first come first serve basis. If you have a special request, please note it on the application and we’ll do our best to comply. Please return the enclosed application as soon as possible.
We are trying a little something different this year, in hopes that visitors will enjoy a unique, as well as, entertaining shopping experience with our exhibitors. We are encouraging the HANDCRAFTED Exhibitors not only show off your wonderful handcrafted items, but also your talent it takes to make them. If you have the ability to demonstrate your talent by making some handcrafted pieces on site, such as spinning pottery, molding clay pieces, wood carving, painting, watercolor, etc we encourage you to do so. This makes for a unique shopping experience, it draws attention to your booth.!!! The committee views your talent as a form of entertainment that should be compensated. This offer is extended to ONLY hand-crafted exhibitors.
We have several dance groups, a variety of singers and bands playing throughout the day, our very own Magician, , the Warm Springs Kiddy train , and much more still being planned.
Warm Springs, GA is located just an hour south of Atlanta nestled among the rolling hills near the naturally heated waters made famous by Franklin D. Roosevelt. Take a step back in time and experience our Southern charm and hospitality. History's influence is evident in the 100-year old restored buildings. Located on the southern end of town is the Little White House, where President Franklin Roosevelt spent the happiest times. We are proud to offer two museums in our town that chronicle FDR's life in Georgia, detail the history of our Victorian era town and let visitors fell the famous warm springs. Warm Springs also has over 50 unique gift shops open year round, not to mention the famous southern dishes served by our local restaurants. Families are sure to have a fun filled day or even weekend while visiting Warm Springs. The scenery is great, the gift shops offer a variety of unique gifts, and the food is mouth watering. We hope you will join us this year for another toe tapping good time at the Warm Springs Spring Fling.
Lodging is available in town at the Meriwether Country Inn (866)691-4061, The Hotel Warm Springs Bed and Breakfast Inn (800)366-7616, Best Western White House Inn (706)655-2750, or Ramey’s RV Park (706)655-2480 or, call our Warm Springs Welcome Center at 1-800-FDR-1927, 706-655-3322, and someone will be happy to assist you.
Warm Springs Area Tourism Association and the 2010 Harvest Hoe Down Committee
PLEASE PRINT THE APPLICATION AND CONTRACT AND MAIL TO :
VENDOR APPLICATION (Deadline to Apply OCT. 5th )
Exhibitor Name (Company):
Street or P.O. Box
Daytime Phone: Email Address:
Type of merchandise: Please check all that apply
Food О Nonprofit/ Civic Club
Please give a brief
description of your merchandise:
Spaces are assigned on a FIRST PAID basis. All spaces must be paid by October 6th.
Mail to: Warm Springs
Warm Springs Area Tourism Association sponsors this event. All proceeds go toward tourism efforts in and around Meriwether County.
CONTRACT FOR FOOD VENDOR, ART/CRAFTS/ANTIQUES/& OTHER VENDORS
I hereby make application for FOOD ARTS/CRAFTS 9th and 10th, 2010 and agree to the following conditions:
1) I agree to the $50.00 (FOOD ONLY) booth fee for each 12’x12’ space, with an additional $15.00 charge for electricity. If extra space is needed, I must purchase an extra full space. I understand that there are four different categories and spaces are limited in each area. I understand that NO refund will be made unless my application is not accepted. I understand that there are no rained out dates. I understand that if I cancel for any reason, I will not be refunded my application fee, but I will have the opportunity to participate in the next festival if I notify WSATA at least two weeks prior to the event of my cancellation. No-show vendors are not given the opportunity to come back for free during the next festival event. I understand that I will be notified of my acceptance via email, telephone, or writing.
2) ARTS/CRAFTS Vendor- I understand that if I make crafted pieces on site and demonstrate my talents to customers and allow them to observe. (This pertains ONLY to the hand-crafted exhibitors, for example: Spinning Pottery, molding clay pieces, Carving wood sculptures, painting, etc.)
3) FOOD Vendor-I agree to meet the Food Guidelines for Special Events in Meriwether County.
4) ARTS/CRAFTS/ANTIQUES & OTHER Vendors- I agree to have my exhibit set up and ready for viewing by 9:00am Saturday & Sunday OCTOBER 9th and 10th. I further agree that I will not dismantle my display prior to the end of the show at 6:00pm. Permission is granted to begin set up on the Friday before the festival, but no earlier than 4:00pm.
5) I agree that I will sell only the foods and merchandise listed or agreed upon in this contract. Booth space allocated under this contract is for the exhibitor who signs the contract and may not be sub-leased to other people for display purposes.
6) ID Badges are required for all exhibitors and helpers. Badges will be supplied by the Warm Springs Area Tourism Association Committee.
7) I agree to keep and maintain show grounds, practicing all rules, particularly for safety.
8) I understand that I should bring all needed display props including tables, hanging materials, folding chairs, electrical cords, water hoses, tents, etc necessary for my exhibit.
9) The Warm Springs Area Tourism Association will not be responsible for any injury of loss that may come to an exhibitor, his/or her employees or goods for any cause whatsoever while show premises are being occupied under this agreement.
10) The Warm Springs Area Tourism Association does not provide any insurance. Insurance must be acquired and paid for by the exhibitor. I hereby relieve the management of the show of all responsibility in connection with the safekeeping of the property while said properties are at the show.
11) It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to take appropriate measures to secure booths and inventory against loss. The Warm Springs Police Department does patrol the area in such events, but will not be responsible for such losses.
12) It is the exhibitors sole responsibility to comply with all sales tax requirements and reporting of sales to the Georgia Dept. of Revenue, Sales and Use Tax Division.
13) I agree that I will use the designated parking area located behind the train. I understand that parking is NOT allowed in front of the Welcome Center; it is used for customers only.
For more information call 1-800-FDR-1927, 706-655-3322. or 706-655-2995